Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 15 minutes
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins.
Yields: 2 servings
This iced tea is not only delicious, but may also provide anti inﬂammatory and antimicrobial support from the ginger and turmeric.
- ¾ inch fresh turmeric, grated
- ¾ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia, no inulin
- 2 ½ cups boiling water
- If in Phase 1 Semi-Restricted, or Phase 2 Remove and Restore, you may like to add 1 tsp raw organic honey instead of stevia for sweetness.
- Place the turmeric, ginger, lemon and stevia or honey into a coffee plunger. Top with boiling water. Allow the tea to steep for 5-10 minutes. Strain then chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, place in a tall glass ﬁlled with ice. Pour the tea over the ice and enjoy immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.