Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Low histamine phase 1, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 1 serving
Are you tired of going into a histamine flare after breakfast? Say goodbye to histamine-triggered discomfort and embrace a breakfast that nourishes your body and soul! My low histamine quinoa porridge is a delicious and healthy breakfast like no other! Also suitable for a SIBO diet.
- 4 tbs quinoa
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup tinned coconut milk (no gums or thickeners)
- 1 tsp honey (if tolerated)
- ½ cup blueberries
- Place the quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and cook until the water is nearly evaporated.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to cook until the quinoa is soft and has increased in volume. Remove from the heat.
- Stir through the honey (if using).
- Top with blueberries and enjoy immediately.
As your histamine flare improves, you might like to add chopped nuts to this porridge. Eg. 10 almonds or 20 hazelnuts or 20 macadamias or 20 pecans or 10 walnuts.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.