Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce
Cooking Time: Under 15 minutes
Salmon is a ﬁlling and tasty protein source. This refreshing breakfast salad can make a pleasant change as the hot smoke cooks the ﬁ sh while imparting a lovely smoked ﬂ avour to it. The quantities can easily be doubled if cooking for two.
- 1 hot smoked salmon fillet, free from sugar and nitrates
- 2 free range eggs (these can be omitted if you want an egg-free breakfast)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 handful mixed salad greens, washed
- 1 sprig dill, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, cut into half
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Melt the coconut oil then pour in the eggs, turning the pan so the eggs cover the surface evenly to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute then ﬂip and cook for another minute so both sides are golden. Remove from the heat.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the omelette from the pan and roll up like a crepe. Cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the salad leaves, dill and olive oil. Squeeze ¼ of the lemon into the bowl. Take the salmon ﬁllet and ﬂake the meat into the bowl. Stir to combine. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.