Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 15 minutes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
This dessert screams ‘Summer!’ and is so deliciously tasty that you’ll keep it on your regular repertoire. The pineapple is perfectly highlighted by the citrus ﬂavours, while the coconut whip feels like a naughty treat.
- ½ x 14 oz can coconut milk, no thickeners or gums, chilled for at least 6 hours
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 2-3 tbs ghee or coconut oil
- 8 thin slices fresh pineapple, core removed
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Scoop out the thickened coconut milk from the top of the can, making sure not to add any of the watery liquid from the bottom of the can.
- Add in the vanilla then whip with electric beaters until it achieves the consistency of whipped cream.
- Return to the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a non-stick pan. When melted, add the pineapple, cooking on each side until golden brown.
- Add in the zests and juices and bring to the boil, coating the pineapple pieces. Cook for 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a scoop of coconut whip on the side.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.