Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. These duck fat roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish to any SIBO meal. This recipe serves 4 but you can easily double the quantities if serving 8 people.
- 3 peeled potatoes (or 2 cups worth of peeled, chopped potatoes)
- 2 tbs duck fat
- 1 tbs garlic infused olive oil (or plain olive oil if preferred)
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into chunks. Either place in a steaming basked over boiling water, or place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Cook for 10-15 minutes until softened but not completely cooked through.
- Drain then allow to cool slightly. This will allow some of the moisture to evaporate.
- Return the potatoes to the pan. Add the duck fat and drizzle over the olive oil. Add the thyme leaves and season well with salt and pepper.
- Give a good shake. You want the potatoes to look a bit roughed up as this will help them get nice and crispy.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until nicely browned and crispy.
- Serve with some freshly picked thyme leaves sprinkled over the top.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.