Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
This creamy rice porridge is perfect for cold wintery mornings when you want to be warmed from the inside out. It's gluten and dairy free so a perfect breakfast for people with more restricted dietary requirements.
- 1/2 cup rice (basmati or jasmine)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 banana
- 2 tbs maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of salt
- Place your uncooked basmati rice in a high-powered blender and blitz for a few seconds to chop the grains.
- Place the rice in a saucepan and cover with 1 ¼ cups almond milk. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Bring to the boil then reduce to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the rice. Pour in the remaining almond milk to warm. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide the porridge between two bowls and top with slices of banana. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey and serve.
- If you can't tolerate honey or maple syrup, feel free to sweeten with natural stevia or omit completely.
- If you can't tolerate banana, you could top your porridge with fruit you can tolerate. A dollop of coconut yoghurt is also delicious.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.