Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 4 servings
Broccoli and butternut squash curry noodle soup is an all-time favourite amongst my SIBO community because it is hearty, delicious and incredibly satisfying. Perfect on a cold winter’s night. To make this soup extra filling, I added some rice noodles. If you’re not ready to try rice noodles yet, you can omit them or swap them for zucchini noodles.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 10.5 oz butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 10.5 oz broccoli, cut into pieces
- 4.2 oz rice noodles
- 40 macadamia nuts
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- Handful parsley leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot then add the leek and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened and slightly golden. Stir in the ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, cloves and salt, and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Pour in the vegetable stock. Stir well to combine. Add the butternut squash, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the butternut squash is soft, pour in the coconut milk. When simmering, add the broccoli and rice noodles and cook for a few minutes or until the noodles are soft and cooked through and the broccoli is tender. Taste and season with salt and black pepper accordingly.
- Divide the soup between 4 large bowls. Top with macadamia nuts, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Serve with a wedge of lime.
To make this soup Low FODMAP, swap the leek for 5 scallions, green part only.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.