Diet Type: Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 15 minutes
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Yields: 1 to 1.5 cups
Enjoy this low FODMAP basil pesto in a variety of dishes. Free from garlic, it is the perfect pesto for sensitive tummies.
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, extra for storage
- Place the basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan and pepper in a food processor. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the garlic-infused olive oil. Blitz until the mixture has started to combine then slowly pour in the remaining olive oil in a thin stream. The longer you blitz the mixture, the smoother your pesto will be. If you prefer a chunky pesto, limit the amount of time the motor is running. Taste and season with salt accordingly.
- Your pesto is ready to use immediately. If you don't need to use it right away, pour it into a sterilised glass jar then cover with extra olive oil until it is completed covered. This will help prevent your pesto from turning brown.
- Your pesto will keep in the fridge for a week if covered with oil, or it can be frozen and defrosted as required.
- If you can't tolerate garlic-infused olive oil, substitute for regular olive oil.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.