Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Perfect for a SIBO friendly special appetizer or entrée, crunchy prawns are coated in shredded coconut and paired with a zesty ruby grapefruit salad. Suitable for Phase 1 Semi Restricted on the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 12 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 4 handfuls watercress, washed
- 2 ruby grapefruit, cut into segments or slivers
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat until combined. Place the coconut and salt on a plate and mix thoroughly. Dip the shrimp in the egg, shake off excess, then dip in the coconut. Place on a clean plate. Repeat until all shrimp are covered.
- Melt the coconut oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. To test if the oil has come to temperature, dip a corner of a shrimp in the oil. If it sizzles, it is ready. Cook the shrimp in the oil until cooked through on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Place the watercress and grapefruit in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and white wine vinegar together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix thoroughly.
- To serve, divide the salad and grapefruit segments over four plates. Top with three shrimp on each plate.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.