Diet Type: Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
The humble Brussels sprout is transformed into a taste sensation with delicious bacon and crunchy hazelnuts mixed through. A perfect SIBO side dish. Suitable for Phase 1 Semi Restricted on the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet.
- 4 tbs ghee
- 6 strips free-range bacon, free from sugar and nitrates, cubed
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roasted, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring frequently, until the Brussels sprouts have softened and the bacon and fats have merged nicely into the sprouts.
- Stir in the roasted chopped hazelnuts and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.