Diet Type: Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: 24 hours
It's so easy to make your own 24-hour yoghurt at home. Use coconut milk or dairy milk (or another milk of your choice) to create a tangy, thin style yoghurt. Perfect in breakfasts, desserts or as a snack.
- 8 cups coconut milk or dairy milk
- 2 tbs honey
- Yoghurt starter culture
- Sterilise all of your equipment before making your yoghurt.
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan. Heat until between 98.5F-113F.
- Stir in the yoghurt starter culture and honey. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the milk into your yoghurt maker and leave for 24-hours.
- Once it has fermented, remove from the yoghurt machine and place in the fridge to firm and chill.
- This will produce a thin style yoghurt, as it doesn't contain any thickeners.
- Your yoghurt will last for 2 weeks in the fridge. Write the best before date on the tub so you don't forget.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.