Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 2 servings
Enjoy this make at home almond milk and it tastes so much better than the store bought versions.
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the almonds in the bowl and cover them with water. Soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the almonds. Place into a high powdered blender with four cups of water, vanilla powder and sea salt. Blend on the highest setting for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a very fine meshed sieve, cheesecloth or a nut bag. You may like to strain it directly into a container which will store the almond milk in the fridge.
- Your almond milk will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can use the leftover nut meal in any recipe that calls for almond meal. Simply spread it out on a baking tray and cook slowly in the oven at 180°C for 20-30 minutes or until dehydrated. You may like to give it a quick blitz in a blender to turn it into a fine powder. This will keep for a few days.
- Get creative with the spices and flavourings you add to your almond milk. You might like to add cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao, and more to your mix. Let your imagination and taste buds take you on a your journey with each new batch.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.