Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP
Cooking Time: Under 2 hours
A healthy and hearty low FODMAP minestrone is perfect for a quick supper or winter's night. Recipe by Charlotte Miller from Food & Joy.
- 1/4 cup live oil
- 2 medium parsnip, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 400g pulp tomatoes, plain
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 fennel, green parts only, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated (optional if tolerated)
- Warm the olive oil in a deep heavy based pot and add your chopped parsnip, celery, carrot and turnip.
- Cook down well, stirring frequently until vegetables are soft and starting to colour.
- Add white wine, bring to the boil and reduce by a third.
- Add thyme sprig, tomato pulp and ½ litre water (or FODMAP friendly vegetable stock if you have some) - if you prefer a thinner soup consistency you can add more water.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer, allowing the soup to reduce slightly. When the consistency is correct, add the grated zucchini, bring the soup back to the boil then remove from heat.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, finely sliced raw fennel, salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan if using.
Recipe by Charlotte Miller from Food & Joy.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.