Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
Take your taste buds on a trip to Thailand with these tasty fishcakes.
- 750g white fish, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (exclude if necessary)
- 1 long red chilli, minced
- 4 spring onions (green part only), sliced
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1.5 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 4 ice berg lettuce leaves
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- Handful of Vietnamese mint
- Handful of coriander
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 lime, halved
- Place the fish, garlic, spring onions, ginger, chilli, vinegar, 1 egg and lime juice in a food processor and blend until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Beat the remaining egg in a bowl. Place the macadamia crumbs on a plate.
- Remove the fish from the food processor and roll into patties.
- Dip each patty in the beaten egg then roll in macadamia nut crumbs. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a hot pan then reduce the heat to medium. Add the fish cakes until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste.
- Serve fish cakes on a bed of salad with a lime cheek for extra zing.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.