Diet Type: Gluten free, Grain free
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
Broccoli is such a wonderful vegetable but can often become boring. This dish will bring the humble broccoli to life and you’ll be left wondering how you ever ate it before.
- 2-3 tbs oil from the anchovies
- 1 long red chili pepper, finely sliced
- 6 anchovies packed in olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- If you are in Phase 2 Remove and Restore, add 2 oz parmesan cheese, grated (if tolerated)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and red chilli, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the anchovies and stir until they start to break down and soften. Add in the broccoli ﬂorets, stirring until mixed through with the oil, anchovies and chillies.
- Turn down the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. If the pan gets too dry, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Once the broccoli is al dente stir in the pine nuts and season with pepper to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Place into a bowl and sprinkle with parmesan if in Phase 2 Remove and Restore. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.