Diet Type: Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 2 Reintroduce, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1.5 hours
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Yields: 10 servings
Need a cake in a hurry? This simple yet delicious flourless orange yoghurt cake can be whipped up when friends drop in or is perfect for a mid-morning or afternoon treat. Add an extra dollop of 24-hour yoghurt on the side and serve with a lovely cup of tea.
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour (ground hazelnuts)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 1 cup 24-hour yoghurt
- 1 tbs freshly grated ginger
- Pre-heat your oven to 320F. Grease and line the base of an 8 inch round cake tin.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place all of the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well until all combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 1-hour or until the cake is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. However, this is a very moist cake so please take that into consideration.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- You might like to serve it warm with a dollop of 24-hour yoghurt on the side.
- Perfect for mid-morning or afternoon treats or when entertaining with friends.
Tell Your Friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.