Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 25-35 servings
Easy to whip up, these crunchy choc chip granola bars are a perfect snack on the go or a sweet mid-afternoon treat with a cup of tea.
- 2 cups (6 oz) mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 cups (6 oz) shredded coconut
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cacao nibs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs (ideally free-range)
- 4 oz 100% cacao dark chocolate
Choc Chip Granola Bars
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Place the chopped nuts, shredded coconut, almond flour, cacao nibs, cinnamon and salt into a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl place the coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla. Melt these together and stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs. Once beaten stir the eggs into the dry mixture until well combined. Next add the melted, wet mixture to the rest of the ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Line a square tin with parchment and spoon the mixture into the tin. Press into the tin until the surface is completely flat. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- In a clean bowl melt the dark chocolate, ensuring it is completely melted. Once melted put this into either an icing or a ziplock bag.
- Remove the granola from the oven to cool. Once cool take the icing bag (or cut the corner off the ziplock bag) and drizzle the granola thoroughly with the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm and then cut into either squares or slices. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- If you can't tolerate chocolate, omit the chocolate topping and cacao nibs.
- Use a variety of nuts (and seeds) that you can tolerate.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.