Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Prep: 4 hrs
Cook: 1 hr
Yields: 4 Servings
These Thai style chicken drumsticks are delicious served hot or cold and make an excellent dish for a picnic.
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric, grated
- 4 scallions, green part only, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chili pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 4 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 free-range chicken drumsticks
- Place the ginger, turmeric, spring onions, chilli, lime and coconut oil in a blender and blend until liqueﬁed.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a bag and pour the marinade over them. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 4 hours or preferably over night.
- Heat the oven to 350ºF. Place the drumsticks in a roasting tin and place in the oven to cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove and serve while warm, or can be taken cold to a picnic.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.