Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 2 hours
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Yields: 25 - 30 servings
Wow your guests with this decadent chocolate chip cherry pavlova. A perfect SIBO friendly gluten, dairy and grain free dessert for special occasions.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup (8 oz) glucose syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans (or 1 tsp of 100% vanilla extract)
- 1.5 oz 100% dark chocolate, grated
- 3 cups (24 oz) coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans (or 2 tsp 100% vanilla extract)
- 2 cups cherries, halved and pitted + extra whole cherries for decoration
- 3.5 oz 100% dark chocolate, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 250F. Cover large baking sheets with parchment paper. Draw 3 even circles 7 inches in diameter on the paper.
- Place the egg whites in a very large bowl. Make sure it is very clean as any grease will prevent the egg whites from stiffening. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly mix in the liquid glucose until fully incorporated and the mixture is glossy. Mix in the ground vanilla and grated chocolate.
- Spoon onto the 3 circles on your baking sheets, ensuring the mixture is evenly distributed. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the outside is dry but there is soft meringue on the inside. Turn the heat off and cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- To make the filling, scoop the solidified coconut milk out of the can and into a bowl. Discard the watery liquid at the bottom of the can. Add the ground vanilla, then beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble just before serving, place one meringue disk on a cake platter. Top with some whipped coconut cream and cherries. Repeat with the remaining 2 layers. Finish by decorating the top with the whole cherries and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.