Diet Type: Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
SIBO friendly strawberry shortbread cookies recipe. Buttery shortbread cookie paired perfectly with a strawberry filling. Suitable for Phase 1 Semi Restricted on the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet.
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbs coconut flour
- 4 tbsp butter, chilled, cubed
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the strawberries and honey in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until they break down, stirring constantly. Mash with a fork.
- Turn the heat up and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and resembling jam. Take off the heat and cool slightly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper.
- Place the coconut flour and butter in a bowl. Mix until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the honey and vanilla powder and mix until it comes together.
- Using your hands, take a small amount of mixture and roll it into a ball. Place on the baking sheet. Place an indent in the middle. Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
- Place a small spoonful of jam into the indent. Bake for 6-8 minutes, watching carefully, as the cookies can burn quickly. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. These are best eaten on the day they are baked.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.