Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 2 hours
Prep: 1 hr
Cook: 2 hrs
Yields: 10 servings
Coconut ice was a childhood favourite of mine. The good news is that you can make it SIBO-friendly. It makes a fun dessert or sweet treat without the use of sugars.
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut, free from sugar and preservatives
- 3 ½ tbs coconut butter, melted
- 3 ½ tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 4 drops liquid stevia, no inulin
- ½ cup strawberries
- Vanilla powder is 100% ground vanilla beans and can be found in health food stores
- Place the coconut, melted coconut butter and oil, vanilla and stevia in a bowl and mix to combine.
- If the mixture is too dry, melt some more coconut oil and add it to the mixture.
- Split the mixture into half.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and liquefy. Pour the strawberry liquid over a ﬁne mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Stir through the strawberry into one portion of coconut.
- Place the vanilla coconut in the base of a loaf tin. Pat down so it covers the entire base and is ﬂ at on the surface. Pour over the strawberry coconut and pat down so it covers the entire surface.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to solidify.
- Remove from the tin and cut into cubes with a sharp knife.
- The coconut ice will get crumbly if left out of the fridge for too long, so return to the fridge when not eating it. It will keep for a few days.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.