Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 2 servings
This easy vegan curry by Charlotte Miller from Food & Joy will transport you back to Thailand in a heartbeat.
- Red curry paste
- 25g ginger, peeled
- 1 whole long red chilli
- 1/2 lemongrass stalk
- 10g galangal, peeled
- 1/2 bunch coriander root
- 2 tbs cumin powder
- 2 tbs coriander powder
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 500g pumpkin (kent), peeled and chopped
- 1 large eggplant, chopped into 3cm dice
- 1/4 bunch kale
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup Thai basil (optional)
- 2 fresh kaffir lime, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the hard end of the lemongrass and chop into pieces. Combine all paste ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat a heavy based pot, add the paste and fry gently until fragrant.
- Add the eggplant and fry until coated with spice paste.
- Add the chunks of pumpkin, coconut milk and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer until pumpkin and eggplant are soft.
- Turn off heat the add soy and lemon/lime juice.
- Taste before adding extra salt and pepper. Add if required.
- Garnish with Thai basil (if using), fresh coriander and shredded lime leaf. Serve with cooked rice if tolerated.
Recipe by Charlotte Miller, Food & Joy.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.