Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1.5 hours
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr 15 mins
Yields: 25 - 30 servings
Our summer berry pavlova is perfect for BBQs, picnics or summer parties. Topped with sweet summer berries, everyone will be going back for more.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup (8 oz) glucose syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans (or 1 tsp of 100% vanilla extract)
- 3 cups (24 oz) coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans (or 2 tsp 100% vanilla extract)
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 passionfruit
- Pre-heat the oven to 250F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites in a very large bowl. Make sure it is very clean as any grease will prevent the egg whites from stiffening. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly mix in the liquid glucose until fully incorporated and the mixture is glossy. Mix in the ground vanilla.
- Spoon onto your sheet in a circle or rectangle shape. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the outside is dry but there is soft meringue on the inside. Turn the heat off and cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- To make the filling, scoop the solidified coconut milk out of the can and into a bowl. Discard the watery liquid at the bottom of the can. Add the ground vanilla, then beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble just before serving, place the meringue on a platter. Top with some whipped coconut cream. Lay strawberry halves and blueberries evenly over the top. Drizzle passionfruit pulp over the meringue. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.