Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 20 small chocolates
These sugar-free flavoured chocolates are a perfect guilt free treat. Get creative with the flavoured oils you use to create a wide variety of flavoured chocolates. Suitable for Phase 2 of the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet.
- 8.8oz raw cacao butter
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp powdered 100% natural stevia
- Few drops confectioners grade mint oil
- Few drops confectioners grade orange oil
- Chop the cacao butter so that the pieces are even in size. Place in a plastic or silicone bowl that is microwave safe. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring with a plastic spatula between each zapping.
- Once the cacao butter begins to melt, place a digital thermometer in the mixture to take the temperate. Stop heating the butter when it reaches between 104F–113F.
- Sift in the cacao and stevia powders, stirring as you go to prevent lumps. Taste and add more stevia if required.
- Cover a cool heat resistant bench surface with baking/silicone paper. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the paper and then move the chocolate around with a spatula until it achieves a toothpaste thick consistency. The key to tempering chocolate is the movement as it cools. This will give it a lovely crack as you bite into it and a glossy finish.
- Scrape the thickened chocolate off the baking paper. Return to the bowl. Heat in the microwave in 5-second bursts, taking the temperature and stirring with the spatula between each zapping. Heat until the chocolate is between 82.4F-93.2F, and all lumps have been removed.
- Divide the mixture into two. Pour half into a clean bowl. Add a few drops of mint oil to one bowl and stir thoroughly. Add a few drops of orange oil into the second bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the chocolate into two small piping bags. If you don't have piping bags, pour each mixture into a small sandwich bag. Spin the bag so it secures the open end, then snip off the corner of the bag.
- Pour one flavour into small chocolate moulds or a small ice cube tray. Repeat for the second flavour.
- Place the trays in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to help set the chocolate. Once set, remove from the ice cube trays and enjoy.
- The chocolate can be stored in an airtight container. Only store it in the fridge in very warm temperature, as it can cause condensation to form on the chocolate.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.