Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair
Cooking Time: Under 15 minutes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Yields: 4 servings
This smoked salmon salad with red wine vinaigrette is a delicious salad for lunch or a light dinner. Suitable for a Low FODMAP and SIBO diet.
- 14 oz smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 3 cups arugula
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 8.5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 tbs white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbs black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cut the zucchini length wise, then chop into half-disks. Plunge into boiling water for 30 seconds then plunge into iced-water to prevent the zucchini from cooking any further. Drain and set aside.
- In a jar with a screw-top lid, add all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Tightly screw on the lid and shake vigorously until the dressing has combined.
- Divide the arugula and spinach leaves across 4 plates. Top with strips of salmon, cherry tomatoes and zucchini. Drizzle the red wine vinaigrette over the top and scatter with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.