Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 2 large salads or 4 smaller servings
This fennel, carrot and squid salad is a perfect lunch or light dinner on a warm day.
- 2 large squid, cleaned
- 1 chorizo sausage, free from nitrates and sugar
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 large handfuls of rocket leaves, washed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the squid into large pieces. Set aside.
- Cut the chorizo sausage into small cubes. Set aside.
- Peel the carrots and discard the outer layer. Continue to peel the carrots into long thin ribbons, turning the carrot as necessary to maintain the width and thickness of each ribbon.
- Wash the fennel then thinly slice.
- Place the rocket into a salad bowl and add the carrot and fennel.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the chorizo sausage. It will release oils so it is not necessary to pre-oil the pan. Remove the chorizo sausage from the pan, keeping the oil in the pan.
- Turn up the heat and bring the pan to a smoking temperature. Add the squid and quickly cook, searing all sides. The squid is cooked when it turns a white opaque colour. Remove from the pan.
- Quickly toss the warm squid and chorizo into the salad. Mix through the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.