Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 2 servings
From it's French heritage, this zingy tuna nicoise salad is a perfect lunch time meal on a warm summer's day.
- 2 sashimi grade tuna steaks
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 20 green beans, trimmed
- 20 kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves, washed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional extra: 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly (use if you can tolerate onion)
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium-high heat. Lightly oil the tuna then place in the hot pan. Sear each side for 1-2 minutes, depending on the thickness of the tuna. You want to keep the middle rare so don't over cook. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To cook the green beans, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the green beans in the water. When it returns to the boil, drain and rinse under cold water. This will stop the cooking process and will keep them crunchy. Set aside.
- Place the salad leaves, capsicum, tomatoes, green beans and olives in a large bowl.
- In a glass jar, pour in the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Screw on the lid tightly and shake until all ingredients are combined. Taste the dressing and adjust according to your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine. Divide the salad over two plates and top with the seared tuna.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.