Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
I love crispy, salty snacks and pork crackling has become my all-time favourite snack of choice. It is a breeze to make and will have people ﬁ ghting over the last piece. This is a great replacement to crisps or popcorn.
- 1 free range pork rind
- 1 tbs olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF
- Place the pork rind on a wire rack over a baking dish. This will capture the excess fat as the crackling cooks.
- Rub the olive oil over the rind, then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes. The rind is done when small bubbles have appeared on the surface and it is a golden brown colour.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before cutting into smaller pieces.
- Delicious eaten straight away as a snack or can be used as an accompaniment to a meal.
- Retain the excess liquid fat for cooking.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.