Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reintroduce
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Rendered pork fat is a delicious oil which can be used in cooking.
- Free range pork fat from crackling
- After cooking your free range crackling, you will have a quantity of liquid pork fat at the bottom of the pan. Instead of throwing this away, you can strain it and use it for cooking.
- Place a strainer over a sterilised jar. Place a piece of absorbent paper inside the strainer. This helps to capture small particles.
- Slowly pour the liquid pork fat into the strainer until all drained.
- Store the pork fat in the fridge and use as an oil in your cooking.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.