Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Yields: 4 snack size servings
Having a few key go-to meals and snacks is the key to managing your SIBO diet successfully. These mufﬁ ns make a great meal while also being handy snacks to take with you. You’ll never get caught out with nothing to eat with these in the fridge.
- 12 free-range eggs
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, green part only, sliced
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Ghee, coconut oil, or lard for greasing (see recipes, pages 132-133)
- 12 slices prosciutto, free from sugar and nitrates
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the capsicum, spring onions, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Grease a large mufﬁn tin with ghee, coconut oil or lard (see Page 127 for lard recipe). Wrap one slice of prosciutto around the edge of each mufﬁn hole. Spoon in the egg ﬁlling so that each mufﬁn hole has equal amounts of ﬁlling.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- These can be eaten immediately or stored in the refrigerator for a snack.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.