Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
Enjoy the flavours of Christmas with these mini Christmas puddings, drizzled in warm custard. Perfect for Phase 1 Semi Restricted on the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet.
- 4 eggs
- 2 small bananas
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil + extra for greasing
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp mace
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 orange, zest
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the eggs and bananas until combined. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until rm. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- To make the custard, heat the almond milk, vanilla powder, and honey until just before it simmers. In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks. Pour a small amount of almond milk into the yolks, beating thoroughly to prevent them from curdling. Slowly pour a steady stream of milk into the egg mixture until all combined. Return to a double boiler or heat proof bowl above simmering water and cook over a low heat until the custard thickens, stirring constantly.
- To serve, divide the puddings into bowls and top with warm custard and orange zest.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.