Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 2 Servings
The addition of lemon zest and juice lifts these scrambled eggs to something out of this world. They pair perfectly with the smoked trout and make for a very filling breakfast.
- 5 free range eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs ghee or coconut oil (see recipe, page 132)
- 7 oz smoked trout, filleted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemon wedges
- Place the eggs, lemon zest and juice in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place a frying pan over a medium high heat and melt the ghee or coconut oil.
- Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring softly until soft scrambles form.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with the smoked trout and a lemon wedge.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.