Diet Type: Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 2 servings
A filling and delicious vegetarian salad that will keep you satisfied until dinner time, this is the perfect SIBO-friendly lunch. Packed full of healthy greens and vegetarian protein, and dressed with a simple homemade Low FODMAP basil pesto.
- 7 oz firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 cups chopped kale
- ½ avocado, sliced (2 oz to keep it Low FODMAP)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh herbs (eg. dill, mint, parsley)
- 20 snow peas, halved (1.1 oz to keep it Low FODMAP)
- 2 scallions, green part only, sliced
- 4 tbs hemp seeds
- 4 tbs pesto
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tofu in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, turmeric, paprika, salt and sesame seeds. Place on the baking tray then bake in the oven 30 minutes, or until crispy and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a pan of boiling water. Boil for 1-2 minutes. Drain then refresh in iced water to stop the cooking process. Drain again thoroughly.
- Add the kale, avocado, fresh herbs, snow peas, scallions and hemp seeds to a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, pesto and lemon juice together. Pour over the kale leaves and toss to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between two bowls and top with the baked tofu. Serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.