Diet Type: Gluten free, Grain free, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 16 cookies
What says Christmas better than a cute Christmassy shaped gingerbread cookie? That's why when Rebecca hit the kitchen to develop the SIBO Holiday eCookbook, these super tasty SIBO-friendly gingerbread cookies were top of the list of recipes she wanted to create. Traditional cookies are off-limits when you have SIBO, but these gluten-free cookies mean you won't miss out on any of the fun this Christmas.
Why not take a batch to your next Christmas party, school fair or playdate you attend? They're sure to go down a storm! We love the varied selection of cookie cutters on the market and there are so many great shapes to choose from. Don't stop at gingerbread people - turn your cookies into Christmas trees, snowflakes, stars or other fun designs.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbs honey
- 4 tbs (2.5 oz) butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Sift the baking soda into the mixture so it doesn't leave lumps.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and honey, then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then roll into a ball.
- Place parchment paper on your work surface. Place the dough on top, then cover with a second piece of paper. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to an even thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out as many shapes as you can. Place the cookies on the sheet. Leave a 3/4 - 1 inch gap between each cookie to allow it to expand during cooking.
- Repeat the process until all the dough has been cut into cookies. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.