Prep: 1 hr
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
Be transported to Mexico with these delicious chicken tacos. They’re perfectly crunchy and combined with the creamy texture of the guacamole and zing from the smokey salsa, you’ll be going back for more before you can say ‘ole!’.
- 4 free-range chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Coleslaw (see recipe, page 89)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- Smoky salsa (see recipe, page 130)
- Place the tenderloins, 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a bag and shake to combine. Return to the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole. Add the avocado to a bowl and mash. Add the lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a BBQ or non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Melt. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook until cooked through.
- To assemble your tacos, place a spoonful of coleslaw in the base of the lettuce. Top with chicken strips, guacamole and salsa. Enjoy immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.