Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair, Vegetarian
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
Perfect as a breakfast, dessert of cheeky snack, these Choc Chip Pikelets (mini pancakes) are luscious with berry coulis drizzled over them and cool coconut cream.
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs raw cocoa powder
- 4 drops liquid stevia, no inulin
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs cocoa nibs
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbs ghee or coconut oil
- ½ x 14 oz can coconut milk, no thickeners or gums, chilled for at least 6 hours
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. Add the almond ﬂour, coconut ﬂour, cacao powder, liquid stevia, vanilla powder and baking powder. Mix thoroughly. Add the cacao nibs and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Put a few berries to one side, then place the remaining berries in a blender and zap until liqueﬁed. Strain to remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Melt the ghee or coconut oil. Place 4 spoonfuls of mixture in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all of the mixture has been cooked.
- Remove the tin of coconut milk from the fridge, being careful not to shake it or move it too much. Open the can.
- To serve, place 2-3 mini pancakes on a plate and top with berry coulis. Place a spoonful of ﬁrm coconut cream from the can on top of the coulis. Scatter with remaining berries and serve while warm.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.