Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 2 Reintroduce
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Yields: 2 servings
This tasty chicken coleslaw comes from Charlotte Miller from Food & Joy and is a perfect mid-week meal.
- 1 medium free-range chicken breast
- ¼ cup Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing)
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce (eg. Tamari)
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 1 fennel, finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- ½ cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 scallions, green parts only
- 2 tbs white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 oz gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame paste (eg. Tamari)
- 1 tbs black vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs ginger grated
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sichuan peppercorns, ground
- Preheat the oven to 320F.
- Place the chicken, rice wine, soy and ginger into a deep tray with a ½ cup of water.
- Cover with foil and cook for 18-20 minutes until just cooked through.
- Remove from liquid and set aside to cool then shred meat. Refrigerate until required.
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Slice green parts of scallions.
- Combine chicken with salad ingredients and toss through dressing to serve.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.