Diet Type: Dairy free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Yields: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
Flavours of Spain abound in this Spanish baked eggs dish, perfect for a filling breakfast. It can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- 6 eggs (ideally free-range)
- 2 Spanish style sausages, free from gluten, onion, garlic, and nitrates
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp tallow
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat an oven safe non-stick skillet over a medium heat. Add the oil and melt. Break the skin of the sausages and put balls of sausage meat into the pan. Cook, stirring frequently.
- When nearly cooked through, add the diced pepper and cook for 2 minutes, then add in the broccoli florets and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the paprika, cumin and ground coriander, stirring continuously until you can smell the aroma of the spices.
- Add the eggs evenly to the pan so they cover the entire contents of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes before placing in the oven for 10 minutes.
- The dish is cooked when the whites are firm when you shake the pan. If you prefer a hard yolk, leave the pan in the oven for a few more minutes.
- This dish can be served straight away for breakfast, kept for a snack, lunch or a light meal with a salad.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.