Diet Type: Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Grain free, Low FODMAP, Phase 1 Restricted, Phase 1 Semi Restricted, Phase 2 Reduce and Repair
Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
We love this Asian Breakfast Bowl for busy days when you don’t know what time you’ll get to eat lunch. It is very filling and will keep you satisﬁed for hours. Save time by making it the night before, so all you need to do is re-heat and eat. Double or triple the quantities and have some in the freezer, so you're never stuck for breakfast ideas.
- 1 tbs lard
- 14 oz free-range ground pork
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 4 scallions, green part only, sliced
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a wok over a high heat. When smoking hot, add the lard and melt quickly, then add the ground pork. Stir frequently until cooked through and any liquid has absorbed.
- Add in the ginger and turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add in the vegetables, one at a time, stirring between each addition for 30 seconds. This will allow the vegetables to cook quickly rather than swamping the wok.
- Add a small amount of water if the wok gets too dry.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, tomato paste and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper as necessary. Take off the heat and serve immediately.
Tell your friends
Why not share the love? We love it when you tell your friends about The Healthy Gut Recipes. Simply click one of the icons below to share it with your favourite social media platform.